Hi everyone, These are some of the questions people have asked me during my career.
Be well and Stay healthy!
An Interview with Rob Magnotti Comedian / Actor
- Growing up, what influences did you have both personally and professionally that helped to push your passion into a full-fledged career in comedy and acting?I am a stand-up comic who loves to do impressions and characters as well as acting, so artists like Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, and Carol Burnett inspired me. Of course, Carl Reiner, Gary Marshall, Richard Prior, SNL, Rodney Dangerfield’s HBO Comedy Specials were also profound influences.”As a kid I was always performing / mimicking friends and family members and watching comedians on television. I love making people laugh. Laughter is an awesome gift to give. My Mom, being a singer, inspired me to be on stage. My Dad was a high school language teacher and funny, so I think I got my ear for voices from them. My brother, Al, inspired me to play the drums like himself, a great instrument for comic timing. He has always been a big supporter and is still working with me today. He’s was instrumental in getting me the Letterman show, a dramedy web pilot , and in keeping me in the comedy game.”
- What is the most memorable comment someone has ever said to you, in regards to your impressive career?“After my set on the Late Show with David Letterman, Dave said “ That’s exactly what I’m talking about, Tremendous! Rob Magnotti!” and the next night, Dave said it again to Paul Shaffer and the audience.”How did your appearance come about on the CBS Late Show with David Letterman? Describe your overall experience with being on the late night talk show.“I was doing a comedy show at a theatre venue and one of the Executives of the Late Show saw my set. He approached me after the show and said we have to get you on the show. A year later, I received a call from the production staff asking me if I would like to appear on the Late Show with David Letterman. There was major exuberance on my part, I called back and said, “Yes, absolutely!” Ironically, in 1998, I was in an acting class and had to do an exercise requiring me to be super excited, and I chose to imagine that I got a spot on CBS Late Show with David Letterman. Almost ten years later, and a lot of work, it happened for me.””As for the experience, I remember my set going really great, getting applause breaks, thanking the audience, then seeing David Letterman walking over to me smiling and applauding, and being very complimentary. I then left the sound stage and went to the green room where I heard him continue to say great things about me. It was a pinch myself moment. I just kept thanking God! It was a cloud nine experience and one I will not forget!”
- You have transformed into several famous actors during your lengthy career. Who is your favorite actor to portray and why? “Al Pacino is my favorite. He has acted on stage and screen and is both dramatic as well as comedic. I enjoy transforming into some of those amazing characters he’s played. Also Robert De Niro, and Nicholas Cage.”
- During your role as an MP Officer in “A Beautiful Mind”, what personal direction did Ron Howard give you during the filming? “I received a call from a casting agent to be an extra on “A Beautiful Mind”. As I was waiting in the room with five other actors, the PA came in and called my name. He said, Mr.Howard would like you in this scene. I did not know what to expect. When I entered the set, Ron Howard greeted me and then directed my blocking for the scene in the Wheeler Lab where Russell Crowe and Ed Harris meet by an office door and converse. I was the MP Guard at a desk and Mr. Howard explained to me that I had to react to Russell Crowe’s character who was talking to Ed Harris’ character, who was not really there.”
- Also, how do you feel this has helped you in furthering your career? “After Ron Howard directed me, I was on the set for the duration of the scene watching Mr. Howard Direct until Russell Crowe and Ed Harris had their final take. It was a great learning experience and opportunity to be on this movie set with such Hollywood heavyweights. It’s an Academy Award winning movie, and a wonderful credit to have on my resume.”
- What is the largest audience that you have performed in front? When and where was this, if you recall? In 2009, I was invited to perform for the First Dubai Comedy Convention with other comedians for two nights for an audience of about 3,000 in the outdoor Dubai Media Amphitheatre. We all had great shows and the audiences were thrilled.
- When you began your career as a cast member and sketch writer on FOX 5 Tv’s “The Uptown Comedy Club”, how did the gig come about? Also, since your time on this show, how do you feel you have grown since your first professional gig? I was asked to audition in a Comedy Club in Harlem for the producers of the show. I did my standup, impressions and sketch improv. I had a great audition and the producers signed me to the show. The show lasted two years. It was my first TV Sketch Show and a great learning experience. We had to write our own skits, and sometimes, skits for each other. I was also asked by the Producers to do a segment called “The Dozens”, Yo’ Moma Jokes. I got to work with Chris Tucker, Cedric the Entertainer and many other comedians. The Cast did a great job performing, considering it was our first TV show. The show aired on FOX 5 opposite Saturday Night Live.
- As a special guest performer, you have been featured with many talented comedians and singers. Out of all of the singers/comedians, which was the most memorable and why?“Olivia Newton John at Westbury Music Fair. Growing up, I loved the movie Grease and definitely had a crush on “Sandy”. So meeting her was coming full circle and very special. She is a lovely and very talented artist. I did my John Travolta impression for her and she laughed and told me she really enjoyed it.”
- Describe your experience with shooting a scene in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. If able to discuss, what character do you portray in the film? How was it to work with Kevin James?“It was my first major comedy feature film, and it was very exciting knowing I was a part of it and working with Kevin James in a scene! He is an excellent Comedian/Actor/Writer/Producer and a really nice guy. It was a great experience to see how involved he was on the set. I loved every minute of the rehearsal takes and the actual filming of the scene with Kevin, and Director Andy Fickman as well as fellow comedian, Richie Minervini. I play the gambler that Paul Blart comes over to at the Craps table and asks what all the cheering is about. I tell him how much I’m winning, Blart gets involved with the game and comedy ensues.”How was it working with Alicia Minshew in the dramedy web pilot you did?“Working with Alicia Minshew is so much fun and we have great chemistry together! She’s a beautiful, accomplished and generous actress as well as a wonderful person.”
- What projects do you currently have in the works and/or that may be released soon? “In addition to my stand-up comedy appearances, I’m auditioning for new TV, film and theatre projects.”
- Where and when can people see you live next?They can check www.robmagnotti.com for upcoming shows.
- Define your legacy. How do you want people to remember you? Rob Magnotti made us laugh till our face hurt!
- What is one quote, either funny or serious, that you hope people will remember you by? Don’t leave before the miracle happens!
Rob Magnotti is a multi-talented Comedian, Impressionist, and Actor who infuses his stand-up comedy with a broad range of hilarious celebrity impressions and characters. His appearance on “The Late Show with David Letterman” (CBS TV) was a standout performance seen worldwide and garnered millions of hits on YouTube! It prompted Mr. Letterman himself to exclaim, “Tremendous! Rob Magnotti! That’s what I’m talking about!”
Magnotti rocks the house at comedy clubs, theaters, and corporate events! Rob’s performances combine his unique point of view on life and family mixed with physical comedy, acting, improv, and dance for a one-of-a-kind show! In addition, Magnotti seamlessly weaves in and out of spot-on celebrity impressions transforming into Al Pacino, Adam Sandler, Nicholas Cage, John Travolta, Ray Romano, and Brad Garrett, U.S.A. Presidents, The Sopranos, DWS’s Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, and many more!
Rob has performed with the cast of HBO’s “The Sopranos” on their live touring show “In Conversation with The Sopranos”! Most recently, in 2022, he opened, hosted, and moderated the show at the historic St. George Theatre alongside the stars Steve Schirripa, Michael Imperioli, and Vincent Pastore. Rob appeared in a scene with Kevin James in “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2”! A memorable moment in Rob’s career occurred when he played a featured MP Officer in the movie “A Beautiful Mind” and was given personal direction for the scene by Legendary Director Ron Howard. Rob also landed a lead role in the musical comedy “Funny Business” at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. (Dodger Productions) Rob appeared on FOX TV, TV Land’s “Top Ten Show” several times in multiple episodes and performed voice-over work on Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
You may have heard Rob on the Bernie and Sid Radio Show (77WABC) where he received supreme endorsements from the hosts and listening audience! Following his appearance, he performed on Bernie and Sid’s “Night of Comedy” at The Cutting Room NYC and The Hard Rock Cafe NYC! Although Rob Magnotti is a veteran headline comedian, he was the special guest performer for Michael Buble´ at Town Hall in New York City, and Olivia Newton-John, who had fun with Rob and his John Travolta impression! Rob Magnotti is an audience favorite Nationally and Internationally, from the Comedy Club scene of New York City to the Casino-Theatres of Atlantic City and Las Vegas, to Montreal, Canada, and Dubai! He is featured online on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook , and www.RobMagnotti.com
Corporate Event Comedian
Rob Magnotti Comedian Impressionist Actor will be a welcome highlight to your corporate event, conference, convention, summit, trade show, expo or company party. After lengthy conferences, training sessions, and sales meetings, Rob Magnotti will lighten the day for all attendees helping them relax and recharge with his energetic, clean, hilarious stand up comedy and jaw dropping celebrity impressions, creating a unique and memorable experience for all! The best way to book Rob Magnotti is by contacting Rob Magnotti Entertainment!
Are you looking for a clean corporate event comedian that can creating a unique and memorable experience for everyone at your corporate event ? Rob Magnotti Comedian Impressionist will be a welcome highlight to your corporate event, conference, convention, summit, trade show, expo or company party. After lengthy conferences, training sessions, and sales meetings, Rob Magnotti , corporate event comedian will lighten the day for all attendees ! Your employees and clients will relax and recharge with his energetic, clean, hilarious stand up comedy and jaw dropping celebrity impressions !
He has performed for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies at the Aria Hotel Grand Ballroom in Las Vegas for Motorola, for 2 consecutive days, the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, NJ for a well known Tech company, and raised the roof at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas for one of the nations leading construction firms. Rob has also performed for Johnson & Johnson, and Delta Airlines where he hosted a talent competition at Studio 54 in New York city. Among the celebrity judges were Jessica Simpson, Shirley Jones, who enjoyed in Rob’s performance very much.
Rob Magnotti has performed for corporate comedy show audiences from New Jersey, New York, and Washington DC to Dubai! With a reputation as a clean, classy, one of a kind corporate comedian impressionist. Rob Magnotti is a welcome performer at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, MGM Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, Foxwoods Casino, Mohegan Sun Casino as well as PAC Centers, Country Clubs, and Convention Centers across the USA!
Rob’s Universal appeal translates across all demographics! Fan Testimonials
As a Yankee fan, Rob had the honor to perform for MLB’s New York Yankees at the prestigious Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, New York. Yankee greats, Joe Torre, Paul O’Neil, Bernie Williams, Roy White, Ron Guidry as well as Yankee Announcers Michael Kay, and John Sterling and many more attended. The following day, Rob received a personal phone call from John Sterling, telling him how much everyone enjoyed his show!
Soon after, Rob Magnotti hit a grand slam on the Late Show with David Letterman on CBS television. David Letterman not only raved about Rob after his performance, but mentioned him on the following night’s show, saying, “How about that Rob Magnotti, Tremendous!” After Rob’s appearance on the Late Show, his corporate comedy schedule skyrocketed! He became a highly sought after corporate comedian. Orlando, Florida, Providence, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Montreal Canada were just a few states Rob Magnotti traveled to to appear to do corporate comedy!
Happy employees increase productivity and profitability, making Rob Magnotti a true Return on Investment ! Make the right choice for your corporate event comedian and Book Rob Magnotti Comedian Impressionist Actor Direct for your corporate event today!
Book or Contact Rob Magnotti Comedian Impressionist Actor Direct for your corporate event today! See Rob Magnotti comedian’s schedule here.